- Job Title: Deputy Members Support Officer (DMSO)
- Location: RNA Central Office, HMNB Portsmouth (occasional travel and overnight stays may be necessary to support events around the UK)
- Status: Full time 37 hours
- Salary range: £28,000 - £30,000 (depending on skills and experience)
- Benefits: 10% pension contributions
- Holiday: 30 working days plus Public/Bank holidays
- Reporting to: General Secretary (Chief Executive)
The Association is seeking to recruit an experienced Deputy Members Support Manager, possessing a broad range of skills, who is; well-motivated, adaptable, versatile, can act independently and has established connections within the Naval family and possess an assortment of IT and administration in their tool box. Finally, it would be essential that the DMSO should have sound knowledge of the Naval Service and a compassionate and patient approach when dealing with RNA members, who are often unfamiliar with the range of help and support available to the Veteran community. Organised and flexible, with a focus on Area, Branch, and individual member requirements.
The role of the Deputy Members Support Officer is to contribute to the delivery of RNA sponsored events and National Ceremonial evolutions that promote the RNA and its membership and provide support and assistance to RNA Branches and Clubs to enable them to be successful. DMSO, working with the Membership Support Officer and Operations Manager, will also operate with other partner service charities to deliver events and services which will benefit the Naval Veteran community.
DMSO Role Responsibilities
- Assist answering all enquiries relating to membership, and signposting other general enquiries to the appropriate section.
- Act as Secretary to the RNA Finance Administration Committee
- Act as Secretary to the RNA Governance Committee
- Act as Transport Manager for the fleet of 3 RNA minibuses
· Deliver Core Values Session to Phase 2 trainees; liaising with HMS Sultan and HMS Collingwood.
· Support regular RNA National and ad hoc events.
· Attend and contribute Central Office logistic effort towards RNA Annual Conference
(Including produce delegate packs, run the raffle ticket sales and draw. Provide banners and leaflets as required.)
· Co-ordinate RNA central Office Open Days
- Represent RNA Central Office at meetings and Conferences as directed by the CEO as required.
- Submit Security Notifications as required; Open days and visitors etc
- Act as Secretary to the Conference of Naval Associations (CONA); plan and deliver annual Clear lower Deck Conference.
- Act as the RNA Data Protection Officer
- Act as the Assistant RNA Health and Safety Officer
- Act as Assistant Building Manager.
- Other tasks as required and directed by Ops Manager and the CEO.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, together with a courteous, flexible and helpful approach to engaging with people at all levels (a short example of written work will be required from those invited for interview).
- Ability to work flexibly on own initiative without supervision, and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Organized approach to work, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, prioritise tasks, and deliver work to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to take the initiative, be creative, and to come up with original ideas.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint),
- Excellent inter-personal skills and good team working skills.
- A pride in and respect for the Royal Navy and an appreciation of its traditions, characteristics and workings.
- Awareness and understanding of the role of charitable trusts and foundations
- An understanding of, and empathy with the work of the Service Charities.
- Knowledge of Royal Navy and possessing strong Navy wide contacts.
- Good humour
- Sound work ethic
- Cultural and inter-personal awareness and sensitivity
- Initiative, subtlety and the ability to work collaboratively
How to apply
We invite interested candidates, who meet the requirements, to email their applications. Applications must include:
1. A Supporting Statement explaining how your skills and experience fit the role;
2. A CV (no more than 2 sides of A4) specifying your qualifications, education and relevant work experience.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 202000Z Nov 20