During this incredibly difficult year, we are operating a phone helpline to any veterans, still serving and associates of the Royal Navy throughout the Covid-19 crisis. This line is for advice on getting local support, connecting you with your local branch or just for a general chat with a friendly ally.
RNA Helpline: 07542 680082.
We are conscious that Covid-19 regulations are becoming somewhat fragmented between the countries that the Royal Naval Association operates in as to what is allowed where, so please ensure that you are following government guidelines for your part of the world.
We continue to work hard in providing welfare support to all our members, especially those vulnerable shipmates who are feeling increasingly cut off and lonely at this time. As we go into the winter months, we are mindful that these feelings may be exacerbated, and we will therefore continue to implement more measures to counter this.
Initiatives aimed at keeping people connected despite restrictions on branches meeting in person include:
- Monday night Fireside Chats at 1800 on Zoom – contact us for the link
- Virtual Tot nights – individual branch tot nights are being arranged locally to you, with a HQ role (Central Office) tot night taking place on a Saturday evening – all welcome, just bring your own rum! Please join the RNA Facebook Community page for more details on this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/190596237689170
We would encourage anyone who knows of elderly or isolated veterans to support them in getting online where possible. Once they are online, they will find the world opens up to them in ways they couldn’t have imagined. Benefits of getting online include:
- Connect with old friends and shipmates from all over the world. (The RNA Facebook Community page is a great place for them to start with this)
- Video calling loved ones
- Ordering shopping online
- Learning new skills and information
- Watching videos and listening to specialist radio stations
Wherever you are in the world, if you have a Royal Navy background or connection then we are here to support you, through the good and the bad, and are always excited to welcome new members into the family.